By Brad Ediger
Ready to visit the following point with Rails? From interpreting the components of Ruby that make this framework attainable to deploying huge Rails functions, Advanced Rails provides you with an in-depth examine innovations for facing databases, safety, functionality, net providers and masses more.
Chapters during this e-book assist you comprehend not just the tips and strategies used in the Rails framework itself, but additionally how you can utilize principles borrowed from different programming paradigms. Advanced Rails can pay specific cognizance to development purposes that scale -- no matter if "scale" capacity dealing with extra clients, or operating with an even bigger and extra complicated database. You'll locate lots of examples and code samples that explain:
* elements of Ruby which are frequently complicated or misunderstood
* find out how to strengthen Rails plug-ins
* diverse database administration systems
* complicated database beneficial properties, together with triggers, ideas, and kept procedures
* find out how to connect with a number of databases
* whilst to take advantage of the lively aid library for time-honored, reusable functions
* safeguard ideas for internet software layout, and protection matters endemic to the Web
* while and while to not optimize performance
* Why model regulate and factor monitoring platforms are necessary to any huge or long-lived Rails project
Advanced Rails additionally can provide a glance at leisure for constructing net companies, how one can contain and expand Rails, the way to use internationalization, and plenty of different subject matters. If you're simply beginning out with rails, or simply experimenting with the framework, this booklet isn't for you. but when you must increase your talents with Rails via complicated innovations, this publication is key.
Read or Download Advanced Rails PDF
Best web development books
Responsive layout isn't just a brand new procedure — it's a completely new approach. This publication, "Responsive Design" (eBook #23), offers an summary on responsive website design, displaying many occasions and strategies within which this procedure may be utilized to. Smartphones, pills, laptops and machine desktops may well proportion a similar layout, that is tailored based on reveal measurement, platform and orientation of every device.
Learn approximately content material prototyping, device-agnostic layout strategy, gracefully degrading media queries and navigation styles to accomplish faultless responsiveness. decide upon the proper method of a responsive venture and steer clear of a few universal blunders — it's worthy it!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Responsive website design: What it's and the way to exploit It
- revolutionary And Responsive Navigation
- innovations For Gracefully Degrading Media Queries
- Is There Ever A Justification For Responsive Text?
- how you can Use CSS3 Media Queries To Create A cellular model Of Your Website
- Device-Agnostic method of Responsive net Design
- content material Prototyping In Responsive net Design
Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
Pages: a hundred and sixty pages
Released: may perhaps 2012
Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
Bring an optimum person adventure to all devices—including capsules, smartphones, function telephones, laptops, and big screens—by studying the fundamentals of responsive website design. during this hands-on advisor, UX dressmaker Clarissa Peterson explains how responsive website design works, and takes you thru a responsive workflow from venture kickoff to website release.
Net fashion designer is the flagship ebook for overseas net creatives, supplying professional project-based tutorials throughout glossy disciplines equivalent to HTML, CSS, jQuery, Flash, Photoshop, WordPress running a blog and cellular apps. available to hobbyists and execs of all ability degrees, the content material is continually proficient by way of organization profiles, breaking tales and state of the art traits.
- Professional Website Performance: Optimizing the Front-End and Back-End
- The Web Designer's Idea Book: The Ultimate Guide To Themes, Trends & Styles In Website Design
- A Web for Everyone: Designing Accessible User Experiences
- Beginning HTML and CSS
- A Developers Guide to the Semantic Web
- Accelerated DOM Scripting with Ajax, APIs, and Libraries
Additional resources for Advanced Rails
Our styled application 8. Our time playing with the Style Explorer is almost over—take a final break to play with some of the Application settings, as we just described, and then move on to the next section. Getting the style back into our applications We have now done a good deal of styling in the Style Explorer. The question is how to get that styling to our application. Thankfully the Style Explorer has a great little feature to help us do just this. On the bottom of the first panel, you will find a button named Export All CSS (Figure 2-22).
27 CHAPTER 2 Figure 2-4. Style controls 2. You will notice that there are a large number of attributes that can be changed. Take some time to play around with these attributes. Don’t worry too much about getting your button to look pretty at this point—during your period of experimentation, it’s better to make dramatic changes to the attributes to clearly see what they do. You can either change an attribute by moving the slider or by entering a value manually. Any change that you make here will be immediately visible on the example of the component in the section to the right.
1. First create a folder named assets to hold the CSS and any images we may need (Figure 2-23). Make sure that you are in the current project so that the folder is created there. Figure 2-22. The Export All CSS button 37 CHAPTER 2 Figure 2-23. Create a new folder. 2. css. 3. Select the assets folder in the project when the dialog box opens to place the CSS file into that folder. If the file is created elsewhere, you can still drag and drop it into the folder (Figure 2-24). Figure 2-24. css in the assets folder.
Advanced Rails by Brad Ediger